Deze tekst of een gedeelte ervan is slechts beschikbaar in het Engels
Closed Call: Culture in Defiance
Please note that the call for proposals is now closed. The deadline for proposals was 28 February 2014.
The call: Culture in Defiance welcomed project proposals for cultural initiatives that strive for positive change and whose impact lies in creating opportunities of freedom of speech and thought. The call aimed at focusing on promoting art and culture that seek to re-imagine possibilities by creating a space for dialogue, critical thought and impact. The call targeted projects situated in areas subjected to censorship, conflict or oppression.
The Programme Committee will evaluate all submitted application proposals sent in within the stated deadline for the call (28 February) according to the following criteria: Quality, Social/Developmental Relevance, Innovation, and Cost.
Projects related to: development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental and feature films, as well as research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry and biographies will not be supported by Culture in Defiance call.
Please note that the processing time of the submitted proposals is approximately 4 months after the proposal deadline. Therefore we expect to inform all applicants of our decision by August 2014 latest.
More Information on the Culture in Defiance Call
The Prince Claus Fund supports projects with an average grant of 15.000 Euros.
The deadline for the submission of projects was 28 February 2014 23:59 CET.
Only applications received before the deadline will be considered.
For examples of projects funded by the Prince Claus Fund, please check http://www.princeclausfund.org/en/programmes/about-the-applications (‘examples’, on the right)
The Prince Claus Fund does not provide support to:
· The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films
· Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
· Infrastructural costs
· The Prince Claus Fund invites all parties working in the cultural and artistic spheres in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, non-EU Balkan countries and non-EU Eastern European countries to send their project proposals regardless of age, years of experience, nationality, ethnicity, religion or any other factor.
· This includes individuals and organisations concerned with culture and development.
· The Prince Claus Fund only considers project proposals submitted by individuals living and working in or organisations based in Latin America, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, non-EU Balkans and non-EU Eastern European countries; support is not provided to foreigners who wish to travel to these areas to establish a project.
Timeline Culture in Defiance
Opening of call 28 November 2014
Closing of call 28 February 2014
International advisory board meeting 8 - 9 May 2014
Notifications of Grantees mid-August 2014
Examples of projects funded by the Prince Claus Fund in previous calls:
- Digital Call 2012
- Rethinking Public Space Summaries Digital Call 2013
- Review of the 2012 South East and Central Asia Call
- Africa Call 2013
The Prince Claus Fund does not support:
- The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films
- Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
- Infrastructural costs