The Prince Claus Fund welcomes project proposals for cultural initiatives related to culture in defiance.
The Prince Claus Fund believes that culture has the power to stimulate change. Arts and cultural expression are powerful engines for nonviolent resistance and open dialogue, where artists and critical thinkers are important witnesses in the conflicts of today and can raise awareness about the need for development and peace.
The Culture in Defiance call is aimed at projects that strive for positive change. Their impact lies in creating opportunities of freedom of speech and thought. It is focused on promoting art and culture that seek to re-imagine possibilities, by creating a space for dialogue, critical thinking and impact in their societies. For projects situated in areas subjected due to censorship, conflict or oppression.
The Prince Claus Fund supports through this call projects that strive for transformation of different realities. It seeks creative and innovative ideas that promote equality and opportunity.
The proposed call fits with the Fund’s theme Culture and Conflict.
The Prince Claus Fund supports projects with an average grant of 15.000 Euros.
The deadline for the submission of projects is February 28th 2014 00:00 GMT. Only applications received before the deadline will be considered.
For examples of projects funded by the Prince Claus Fund, please check http://www.princeclausfund.org/en/programmes/about-the-applications (‘examples’, on the right)
The Prince Claus Fund does not provide support to:
· The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films
· Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
· Infrastructural costs
Timeline Culture in Defiance
Opening of call 28 November 2014
Closing of call 28 February 2014
International advisory board meeting 8 - 9 May 2014
Notifications of Grantees 19 October 2014
Examples of projects funded by the Prince Claus Fund in previous calls:
- Digital Call 2012
- Rethinking Public Space Summaries Digital Call 2013
- Review of the 2012 South East and Central Asia Call
- Africa Call 2013
The Prince Claus Fund does not support:
- The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films
- Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
- Infrastructural costs